ØKAD1240 Digital transformation management (7,5 sp)
In this course, students learn how institutions, organizations, and economies undergo changes because of digitalization.
Dette emnet undervises på engelsk og beskrives derfor på engelsk.
The course focuses on how digital technologies transform organizations’ business models as well as re-shape their relationship with stakeholders. Students learn how organizations innovate their business models in order to provide their customers with new types of value. The course also focuses on macro-level implications of digital transformations, for example, of digital divide, power re-distribution etc. Students learn how to recognize opportunities digitalization provide to organizations and how to effectively manage business processes under digital transformations. The course combines theoretical knowledge from the fields of digitalization, digital marketing and management.
After completing this course, the student is expected to have acquired the following learning outcomes:
- understands research perspectives on digital transformations
- understands the concept of “(digital) business model” and knows various frameworks for analyzing “(digital) business models”
- has knowledge about how organizations exploit digital opportunities (connectivity, automation etc.) to innovate their business models
- understands the differences between radical and incremental (digital) innovations
- understands how digital transformations affects organization’s relationship with various groups of stakeholders (customers, suppliers, state, community etc.)
- understands important elements of change management in relation to digital transformations
- can explain how digital transformations affect organizations (e.g., in terms of value innovation, business model innovation etc.)
- can explain how organizations exploit digital opportunities for value creation
- can provide an evaluation of the role of digital transformation for a given organization
- can communicate (e.g., in form of a written report or an interactive presentation) evaluation results on the consequences of digital transformation in a given organization
- understands the importance of digital transformations for organizations (e.g., in terms of sustaining strategic competitive advantage, innovation management etc.)
- has knowledge about ethical challenges that digital transformations raise (e.g., digital divide between groups of people on the basis of age, socio-economic status etc.)
- understands how digital transformation affect different groups of society globally (e.g., youth, marginalized groups, groups with low socio-economic resources etc.)
The requirement must be passed in accordance to given deadline in order to register for the exams.
- No requirements
Submission of a 1,500 word written report. Subsequent 15 minutes oral presentation on the report.
The exam content is the learning outcomes.
The written assignment and presentation is censored and given a graded grade, A - F.