Camilla Lindvall Dahlgren
Camilla er førsteamanuensis i psykologi, og underviser i abnormal psykologi, helsepsykologi og forskningsmetode ved ONH.
Camilla is Associate Professor in clinical psychology at Oslo New College University. She teaches abnormal psychology (Bachelor level), health psychology and research methods (Master level). Camilla’s research interests include the epidemiology, assessment and treatment of eating disorders and obesity. She is particularly interested in child and adolescent mental health, and the use of technology to enhance effectiveness in mental health care.
- 2020 – present - Associate Professor, Oslo New University College (ONH)
- 2018 – present - Senior researcher, Oslo University Hospital
- 2016 – Visiting researcher, Columbia University Medical Center, New York (USA)
- 2016 – Visiting researcher, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York (USA)
- 2014 – 2018 - Postdoc, Oslo University Hospital
- 2014 – Senior research clinician, Department of Psychiatry, University of Oxford (UK)
- 2011-2013 – PhD in clinical psychology, University of Oslo and Oslo University Hospital
- 2005 – 2008 - Master (MA) in psychology, University of Oslo
- 2003 – 2005 - Bachelor (BA) in psychology, University of Oslo
- 2002 – 2003 - Social anthropology, University of Oslo
Camilla teaches abnormal psychology, health psychology and research methods at ONH.
Camilla supervises PhD candidates, Bachelor and Master students in psychology. She is also a clinical supervisor in eating disorder diagnostics and cognitive remediation therapy. Students or prospective students who are interested in exploring research in the topics listed below (or others) are welcome to contact Camilla.
- Eating disorders and obesity
- Epidemiology of eating disorders
- Technology assisted assessment
- Social media and body image
- Cognitive Remediation Therapy (CRT)
Eating Disorders in Norwegian Youth – An epidemiological study (EDY-EPI). The aim of this study is to assess the prevalence of feeding and eating disorders in Norwegian Youth. It is a collaboration between Regional Seksjon Spiseforstyrrelser (RASP), OUS Ullevål, Folkehelseinstituttet, Columbia University Department of Psychiatry, USA, and Universitetes Senter for Informasjonsteknologi (USIT), UiO.
Transdiagnostic Cognitive Remediation Therapy (CRT) for Eating Disorders. A randomized controlled trial comparing cognitive remediation therapy (CRT) plus treatment as usual (TAU) to TAU alone. The study is led by Dr. Siri Weider at NTNU. More Information about this study can be found here.
Eating Disorders and Reproductive Hormones. This is a planned project investigating the role of reproductive hormones in binge eating and obesity.
Completed research projects are listed here.
An overview of Camilla’s publications, presentations and projects can be found in the Norwegian research information system CRISTIN.
- Senior Editor in Journal of Eating Disorders
- Associate Editor in Frontiers in Psychology
- Online columnist at Spiseforstyrrelsesforeningen (SPISFO)
- Member of the Eating and Weight Disorders Research Group (EWeR) at NTNU
- Member of the Eating Disorder Research Society (EDRS)