Brady is Professor of Psychology at Oslo Nye Høyskole.
- 2010 PhD, University of Cambridge
- 2005 MPhil, University of Cambridge
- 2003 BA, Clark University
- 2021- Professor of Psychology, Oslo Nye Høyskole
- 2013- Professor of Cultural Psychology, Aalborg University (Denmark)
- 2010-2013 Associate Professor of Psychology, Aalborg University (Denmark)
- Social and cultural psychology
- Memory studies
- History of psychology
- Social change
- Developmental science
- Process-oriented and visual methods
Current research projects
- Collective grief and memorial sites first, explores grief as a group phenomenon—we mourn for our dead--, and second, investigates how people relate to different kinds of memorial sites, using a first-person camera as a data collection device.
- Viral communication analyzes how people make sense of the novel coronavirus and the pandemic situation, including people’s attitudes toward restrictions, sources of information, vaccination decision-making, trust in authorities and conspiracy mindedness.
- The organismic theory of development: This project traces the ‘romantic roots’ of holistic developmental psychology back to 18th and 19th century German thought. The concept of development is widened to encompass the formation (Bildung) of a person in and through culture.
- Wagoner, B. (2017). The Constructive Mind: Bartlett’s Psychology in Reconstruction. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Wagoner, B. (Ed.) (2018). Handbook of Culture and Memory. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Wagoner, B., Bresco, I., & Awad, S.H. (2019). Remembering as a Cultural Process. New York: Springer.
- Wagoner, B. & Brescó, I. (2021). Kollektiv Sorg. In S. Brinkmann & A. Pedersen (Eds.), Menneskets Sorg: Om et vilkår I forandring. København: Klim.
- Wagoner, B. (2022). Striving for the whole: Toward an organismic theory of development. In B. Slife & S. Yanchar (eds.), Routledge International Handbook of Theoretical and Philosophical Psychology. London: Routledge.
- Wagoner, B. (2009). The experimental methodology of constructive microgenesis. In: J. Valsiner, P. Molenaar, N. Chaudhary, and M. Lyra (Eds.). Handbook of Dynamic Process Methodology in the Social and Developmental Sciences (pp. 99-121). New York: Springer.
2021 - Humboldt Research Award, Av Humboldt Foundation (Germany)
2021 - Netherlands Institute of Advanced Studies Research (Netherlands)
2020 - Collegium de Lyon Research Fellowship
2019 - Lucienne Domergue Award, Casa de Velázquez
2018 - Sigmund Koch Award, American Psychological Association (division 24)
2017 - Early Career Award, American Psychological Association (division 26)
2009 - Sigmund Koch Prize, International Society for Theoretical Psychology
2005 - Gates Cambridge Scholarship
Google scholar: https://scholar.google.dk/citations?user=nCJs2GsAAAAJ&hl=en